Ann Roydhouse was a sister to William John, who immigrated to New Zealand, and was my great, great grand Aunt.
When Ann was baptised on the 25th December 1825 her parents Thomas and Sarah were living on Paradise Court, Islington with her brother Thomas and sister Louisa.
Both Ann and her sister Louisa met and married men from the borough of Enfield, outer London, although no clues are available as to where, why and how!
Neither Samuel Bailey or Ann have been located in the 1841 census, which occurred a few months before their marriage at St Pancras Church on September 5th.
They had eight children.
1. Sarah Ann 1843 married James Bye, 3 sons, 5 daughters
2. Louisa 1845-1845
3. Susan 1847 married William Palmer, 1 son, 1 daughter
4. Samuel 1850 married Emma Dick, no children
5. Mary Rose 1855 married Joseph Pickering, 2 sons, 1 daughter
6. Elizabeth 1860 married Henry Pimm, 5 sons, 2 daughters
7. Ann Ellen 1863 married Alfred Gidden, 2 sons, 1 daughter
8. Emma 1866
Ann died aged 58 in December 1880 at 43 Scott Street, Plaistow, West Ham, London.